Iran: What Role for Human Rights?
When: Friday, December 10, 2021, 17:00 to 20:00, admission from 16:30.
Location: Tchaikovsky Hall, Tchaikovskyplatz 2, 20355 Hamburg, Germany.
Registration is requested at: email@example.com
On the occasion of the International Human Rights Day on December 10, we want to set a sign against human rights violations worldwide and especially in Iran.
The mullahs' state of God has held Iran in its grip for more than forty years. Since then, all instances of the country have been controlled by a totalitarian regime. Censorship and state repression can be felt everywhere. Cultural workers, especially women and students, express their displeasure and put up with massive repressive measures.
- Hourvash Pourkian, International Women in Power: Introduction to the evening
- Golineh Atai, award-winning journalist, reads from her recently published book "Iran - Freedom is Female".
- Dr. Afsar Sattari, Menschenrechte-Einundzwanzig e. V.: "German Foreign Policy and Human Rights Deficits in Iran".
- Dr. Ulrike Becker, Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin (MFFB): "For a Plan B in Iran Policy".
- Dr. Necla Kelek, TERRE DES FEMMES - Menschenrechte für die Frau e.V.: "Democracy is measured by women's rights".
- Saba Farzan, sociologist and publicist: "How to credibly anchor the commitment to human rights in German foreign and security policy?"
- Rebecca Schönenbach, Frauen für Freiheit e. V.: "Interaction of Iranian Women's Freedom with European Security."
Admission is free, admission from 4:30 pm.
An event of International Women in Power, Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin, Menschenrechte Einundzwanzig e.V. and the Landeszentrale für Politische Bildung Hamburg.
The 2G rule is mandatory for this event. Please remember your proof of vaccination or recovery.