Oppression in Iran - What Role for Human Rights in Germany's Future Foreign Policy?
Time: Thursday, December 9, 2021 | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: live stream via Youtube (link)
The focus will be on human rights violations in Iran, especially Ebrahim Raisi as the newly "elected" Iranian president with the crimes he has committed in the last 43 years.
The common goal is to give the human rights violations in Iran a stronger voice in EU politics and to give those affected a bigger platform. For this reason IWP, together with the Landeszentrale für Politische Bildung,Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin e.V. and Menschenrechte-Einundzwanzig e.V. call on the politicians of Germany and Europe: Defend the rights of women and girls in Iran, who currently have to live under Sharia law, and save them from violence by the Iranian regime under Raisi's rule. For Iranians, their country is a matter of life and death!
Members of the press, please register at: email@example.com
- Hourvash Pourkian, Initiator of International Women in Power
- Dr. Afsar Sattari, Menschenrechte-Einundzwanzig e.V.
- Dr. Matthias Küntzel, Political Scientist and Publicist
- Dr. Ulrike Becker, Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin
- Dr. Narges Eskandari-Grünberg, Mayor of Frankfurt, herself affected as a victim
- Professor Parastou Forouhar, University Mainz, artist, herself affected as a victim
- Mina Ahadi, Human Rights Activist
- Dr. Kazem Moussavi, Speaker Green Partyof Iran
- Hamid Ashtari, report on the ongoing trial of Hamid Nouri in Stockholm for his involvement in mass executions in Iran
- Shiva Mahbobi, report on the International Iran Tribunal in London
Aims and Facts:
Report on the human rights record in Iran
Demands to politicians: No more "business as usual" with the brutal Mullah regime
Virtual Press Kit
At the press conference, the inviting organizations "International Women in Power", "Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin" and "Menschenrechte-Einundzwanzig e.V." (Human Rights Twenty-One) will present joint demands to the German government, which you can then also read here.
The Mideast Freedom Forum has produced a policy paper with proposals for a new Iran policy:
"Plan B for a New Iran Policy" (link to PDF).
Menschenrechte einundzwanzig has prepared a human rights report which you can download here (PDF).